About Your Lab Work
Dental restorations are manufactured and/or distributed by Hitec Dental Ceramics, 4400 Technology Drive, Fremont, CA 94538. Hitec Dental Ceramics is a full-service dental laboratory.
For additional details, please refer to the accompanying list of materials and the corresponding point of origin for materials disclosure on the front of this invoice.
Our Remake Policy
We have implemented incoming inspection after the pandemic. This means your cases will be put on hold if the impression is unsatisfactory in some way. This saves both you and us time by getting the impression correct to start with. If you request that we use the original impression, we will not provide a warranty on our work for that case. To avoid remakes and to save time and patient follow-up visits, please give us enough clearance on occlusal and provide us with a bite registration. We also asked for a good impression and clear margin.
- If the crown / restoration does not fit, has poor contact, poor occlusion, breaks or is the wrong shade upon seating with the patient we will remake free of charge as many times as needed. Please return the old crown within 30 days of purchase for a full credit.
- If you do a reprep of the case, we have to charge you for the work we have done so far on the case because we have to start all over with pouring a model with the new impression.
- For shade changes to the original request on the lab slip, when going from dark to light on a redo we have to charge for a new crown / restoration price because we have to throw away the old work. We cannot make a dark crown lighter. It is impossible.
- For shade changes to the original request on the lab slip, when going from light to dark on a redo there is a shade change fee.
- For issues with the retainers we will redo any crown as necessary to fit retainers. That is our guarantee. If you have to modify the retainer or buy new ones, please let us make it for you for free. We will make a new retainer at no cost to you or the patient if the current one does not fit over our crown. Please send a picture of the modification needed and along with your request for a replacement retainer. Also, please give a minimum thickness of 0.5mm on buccal and lingual surfaces.
- Remake charges of 50-100% will apply under the following conditions:
- If a remake is requested after the lab deemed the provided case materials incomplete and/or unsatisfactory and customer elects to proceed with the completion of the case without making any adjustment, refuses a try-in, or does not supply requested materials or reprep.
- If a remake is requested because the patient / client requests a tooth shade different from the original request on the lab slip.
- If a remake is requested due to treatment plan or material change from the original request.
- If a remake is requested greater than 30 days from invoice date.
- If a remake is requested for immediate/surgical partials or dentures or treatments with healing extractions.
- If a remake is requested because the appliance fits the model but does not fit in the mouth.
- If a remake is requested and the remake reason is not specified, original materials or appliance(s) are not returned.
LIMITED WARRANTY/LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
Hitec Dental Ceramics warrants that all crown and bridge restorations and removable prosthetics, and other devices will be constructed according to the prescribing dentist’s specifications.
Hitec Dental Ceramics will repair or replace any product that fails due to defects in materials or workmanship, such as chipped or cracked porcelain, broken acrylic and/or a tooth falling out of removable appliance, within a period of two years from date of invoice. The amount of coverage will be based on a prorated basis on the amount of time remaining on the warranty. Warranty coverage will decline by 12.5% for each quarter that transpired since delivery.
The warranty will be void for removable prosthetics fabricated without a try-in/setup.
Hitec Dental Ceramics is not responsible for any additional costs or fees associated with adjustments, repairs and replacement of dental devices.
Hitec Dental Ceramics does not warrant that such devices are fit for any particular purpose and if such disclaimer is not permitted by law, the duration of any implied warranty is limited to ninety (90) days from the date of delivery.
This warranty is in lieu of and supersedes all other warranties, whether expressed or implied, and may not be modified by any agent, employee, representative or distributor of Hitec Dental Ceramics.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Payment is due in full upon receipt of the appliances or services.
- Hitec Dental Ceramics in its sole discretion can require an account to be COD until the account is brought current.
- Past due accounts shall bear an interest rate of 3% per month
- Hitec Dental Ceramics at its sole discretion may refuse to accept new or complete existing orders on accounts with past due balances.
- Accounts more than sixty (60) days past due may be subject to COD including any COD surcharge until the account is current. Hitec Dental Ceramics may require a delinquent account holder to pay a deposit for existing or continuing orders.
- Hitec Dental Ceramics reserves the right to refuse to accept orders and/or terminate the agreement without notice. Following any termination, customer agrees to pay all outstanding balances, plus any reasonable attorney’s fees and costs associated with collecting the balance or monies owed.
- Any credit must be applied to appliances and services within sixty (60) days of issuance
- Returned checks will be assessed the maximum fee permitted by law plus any associated bank costs/fees.
- Customer must examine all goods and appliances for fitness and condition.
- Any use, sale, alteration or modification to the product or failure to timely notify and return the product to Hitec Dental Ceramics within thirty (30) days of receipt of the item shall constitute acceptance of the product.
- Hitec Dental Ceramics reserves the right to cure or correct any defect before issuance of any credit or refund.
- Hi-Noble and full cast metal product prices are subject to market forces and will be updated as necessary to reflect such changes.
- Each laboratory authorization procedure (prescription) constitutes a complete and separate transaction billed and collected.
- The laws of the State of California will govern this transaction, and venue shall be in Alameda County, California.